Blaze in Aserrí levels home and furniture store

Fire destroyed a furniture store and a connected dwelling in Aserrí Thursday morning. There were no injuries, but the blaze put a family of six out on the street and destroyed their business.

The site was in the center of the community only a few yards from the local Catholic church.

There was heavy damage to the contents of the furniture store. Firemen speculated that the blaze was caused by a problem in a motor that ran a band saw. In addition to selling furniture brought in from manufacturers, the family produced their own.

The total damage may have been reduced, except that firemen were restricted to using water from a pumper because the hydrant in front of the property did not work, they said.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.