Arts festival brings change in water cutoff schedule

The national water company was supposed to cut off the supply to 550,000 metro area residents Saturday. But the company, the Instituto Costarricense de Acueductos y Alcantarillados, changed plans and will shutoff service March 31 instead, it said.

The cutoff was required so that work could be done on the second phase of the Planta Alta de Tres Ríos, said the company late last week.

However, the company decided to change the date because the Festival International de las Artes was taking place in the San José and Desamparado areas, it said. Once again the time of the outage is estimated to be from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

The company said that many barrios in San José would be affected and also La Unión, Curridabat, Desamparados, Montes de Oca, Goicoechea and Coronado.

The company known as AyA said that tanker trucks would be assigned to various areas to provide water for those who forget to fill containers before the cutoff. The locations will be hospitals, clinics, churches, the Cruz Roja and central parks in the various communities. Local police will know exactly where.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.