Security minster seeking action against bus stickups

The security minister has ordered the Fuerza Pública to take action to prevent more armed robberies of bus passengers. There were three such robberies in the last week, according to the Ministerio de Gobernación, Policía y Seguridad Pública.

The minister, Mario Zamora Cordero, asked the director general of the police agency to coordinate more closely with bus companies, said the ministry. Many drivers have taken ministry courses to avoid bloodshed during such events.

One robbery was on a TUASA bus from Alajuela to San José, said the ministry. A second stickup this week was in La Uruca, and the most recent was on a bus operated by Transportes Rápidos Heredianos. The last one was Wednesday, and 15 persons were held up by gunmen, said the ministry.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.