Electrical malfunction blamed in Aserrí blaze

The Cuerpo de Bomberos determined Tuesday that a fire that destroyed a dance hall in Aserrí Monday night was caused by an electrical malfunction.

The spectacular blaze could be seen for many points in the Central Valley. The former Isla Guilligan, now named El Nido del Tucán, was constructed mostly of wood.  

Because of the operator’s involvement in a criminal case, Spanish language newspapers suggested revenge as the reason for the fire. Not so, said fire fighter investigators. They said the blaze started at a break box in the southwest corner of the principal dance floor.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.