At least eight murder victims died in the last three days

The judicial morgue received 17 corpses Tuesday and Wednesday, said the Judicial Investigating Organization.

Seven were the bodies of murder victims, and one was a suicide, according to the agency. Five were victims of traffic accidents, according to the summary. Two deaths remain under investigation.

Among the victims was a 74-year-old man with the last name of Solano who died at the hands of a presumed intruder. He lived in Santa Rosa de Tilarán.

Solano was found by one of his sons about 7 a.m. New Year’s Day, agents said, adding that there was evidence that entry to the home had been forced. In addition to a flat screen television, a pistol and a rifle were missing, they said.

The man had been shot and stabbed.

Another man on the list is an 18 year old with the last name of  Moreno. He died in Barrio San José in Alajuela New Year’s morning. Agents detained a man Thursday afternoon as the prime suspect.

Not on the morgue list is a 34-year-old man with the last name of Navarro who was knifed to death in San Jose’s Barrio México about 1:45 a.m. Thursday while he was walking home with a relative. Three men jumped and killed him, agents said. They added that they were still uncertain about the motive.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.