Two die in fire blamed on candle used for lighting

A brother and sister, both seniors, died Thursday night when their small home caught fire. The Cuerpo de Bomberos blamed a candle that has been used for illumination.

One person survived the blaze with burns.

The dead were identified by fire fighters as Alicia Herrera Ortiz, 65, and Alfonso Herrera Ortiz, 70. The location was in Nimariñak, Barrio San Joaquín of Tuis, Turrialba.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.