Overheated extension cord blamed for early morning San Pedro fire

An overheated extension cord is being blamed for a blaze that destroyed a home housing students in San Pedro Thursday morning.

The Cuerpo de Bomberos said that the extension cord was hooked to a refrigerator and ignited a couch when it became overheated.

The structure had seven bedrooms and was about 180 square meters. That’s about 1,940 square feet.

The alarm came in at 5:29 a.m., said fire fighters.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.