Holiday toll continues to grow

The Caribbean coast has contributed two victims to the growing Semana Santa death toll.

The Cruz Roja said that one person died in Cahuita Wednesday as the result of a traffic accident and that the body of a 24-year-old vacationer was found on Playa Chiquita in Puerto Viejo. He had vanished Tuesday.

Cruz Roja crews said they are continuing the search for the body of a 23 year old in the Pacific Ocean at Jacó. And they said a man died at the waterfalls in Montezuma on the Nicoya peninsula.

The rescue organization said there had been 26 deaths from violent causes already this holiday week.

The organization also said that 35 persons had sought medical help at the many aid stations that had been set up around the country.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.