U.S. citizen sentenced to life for porno work in Philippines

A Los Angeles man who was convicted of producing child pornography in The Philippines while being required to register as a sex offender due to his prior conviction for raping a 14-year-old girl was sentenced Monday to life without parole in federal prison.

The man, Stanley Dan Reczko III, 50, who lived in the Koreatown District of Los Angeles, was sentenced by U. S. District Judge George H. King, who in March found the defendant guilty of producing child pornography while being required to register as a sex offender.

“This defendant has a life-long history of violent behavior,” said acting U. S. Attorney Stephanie Yonekura. “He has received treatment and counseling, but in light of this case, the help offered to him appears to have had no effect. Even though he has previously served prison time for the rape of a minor, this punishment did not deter his behavior. In light of his recidivism, the life prison sentence is richly deserved.”

In the first part of a two-part trial, a federal jury in February found Reczko guilty of sexual exploitation by producing child pornography in The Philippines.

Reczko received the life sentence for the sexual exploitation charge, and he received a consecutive 10-year term for producing child pornography while being required to register as a sex offender.

Reczko has been in custody since 2007, when he was arrested after returning to the United States by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations.

“This sentence should serve as a warning to sexual predators who mistakenly believe they can escape justice by exploiting children overseas,” said Mark Selby, deputy special agent in charge for Homeland Security Investigations Los Angeles. “There can be no place for the abuse of foreign children by our citizens, and HSI will seek to vindicate the rights of those victims no matter how far they live from our shores. Fortunately, the sentence imposed today virtually assures that no additional children will be harmed by this defendant.”

Authorities began investigating Reczko in May 2007 after the minor victim handed over a CD containing child pornography to the International Justice Mission, a non-governmental organization working in The Philippines. International Justice Mission provided the CD, along with other evidence, to law enforcement officers working out of the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

The evidence showed that Reczko had used the minor to produce eight series of child pornography, which included images of him and the victim engaging in sexual intercourse.
Reczko sexually, physically, emotionally, and mentally abused the victim for three years, according to prosecutors.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.