Flames taking nearly a million confiscated fireworks

The security ministry began the destruction Tuesday of all those fireworks that had been confiscated from trucks, buses, private vehicles and hidden places under sales counters.

The Dirección General de Armamento of the Ministerio de Seguridad Pública said the destruction is the largest in a number of years with nearly a million individual fireworks

Police officer shows some alluring fireworks before consigning them to the flames.

Police officer shows some alluring fireworks before consigning them to the flames.

being burned up. The job is expected to last for a week at Polígono 38 Especial in Los Sitios de Moravia.

Unfortunately ministry workers are torching the fireworks in a steel cage, so no rockets shoot into the air.

Since 2007, the ministry said its employees have destroyed more than 2 million fireworks-type devices.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.