Culture ministry officials amplified their decision Thursday and said that this year’s arts festival will be held in Ciudad Neily and Golfito. The ministry had said the event would be in the southern zone.
This will be the 26th annual edition of the Festival de las Artes, and this year the title does not contain the word internacional. The festival last year was a disaster, in part because the ministry tried to place some of the events in other cantons. The decision this year is consistent with the Plan Nacional de Desarrollo, said the Ministerio de Cultura y Juvenud.
This year some 500 million colons, nearly $1.4 million, is earmarked for the event, which will be from Aug. 5 to 14.
Additional events will be organized for Río Claro, Conte, Ciudad Cortés, Palmar, Rey Curré, San Vito, La Cuesta/Laurel and Agua Buena, said the ministry.