Alajuela mercado blaze blamed on short

Fire investigators are blaming the electrical system in a shoe store for a blaze that destroyed eight businesses and damaged eight more about 3 a.m. Friday.

The blaze was in the Alajuela Mercado Central. Fire fighters said the blaze was contained  to 460 square meters, nearly 5,000 square feet.

Fire investigators reported that the market redid its electrical system in 2014, but each of the small stores in the facility has its own system in addition to the one maintained by the market.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.