Three tourist robbery suspects detained

Judicial agents said Wednesday that they were seeking two more persons who are suspects in street robberies and homes invasions in the Cóbano area on the Nicoya peninsula.

The Judicial Investigating Organization said that there had been eight complaints filed.

Three detentions came during five raids conducted in Cóbano and Puntarenas Wednesday. Two other individuals were being sought, said investigators

The judicial agency said that the bulk of the street robberies involved tourists as victims.

Cóbano is the principal administrative and shopping center for vacation spots like Montezuma, Mal País and others at the tip of the peninsula.

Judicial agents said they detained one individual at a raid at his home in Puntarenas where they also discovered what they called a considerable quantity of drugs and money. Two were detained in Cóbano.

Agents said that tourists who walked in the area were confronted with firearms by robbers who demanded their personal items.

This entry was posted in Costa Rica News. Bookmark the permalink.