Dear A.M. Costa Rica:
There was an opinion published by a reader about 17 reasons not to vote for Trump. Like most liberals, the reasons are based on feelings, perceptions and media bias against Donald Trump. I will keep this as short as possible but, there are many reasons to vote for Trump and vote against Hillary.
1. First, a vote for Hillary is a vote for socialism, weak ineffective foreign policy, insider special treatment and a complete disregard for the Constitution and laws passed by Congress.
2. Fact: Hillary lied to the American public about Benghazi, about classified emails and destruction of emails and potential evidence. She was given special treatment by the FBI that no one else would have been given. Hillary and Bill and Obama intimidated the FBI and the attorney general into giving her special treatment.
3. Fact: 69 percent of the American Public believes the U.S. is on the wrong road and 60 percent of Americans do not trust Hillary. Obamacare is a complete failure.
4. Fact: If you vote for Hillary you are voting for more and higher taxes, more social entitlement programs and other socialistic programs that we can’t afford. We are headed the same way as the EU and countries like Greece, Spain, and other countries that are in the verge of bankruptcy.
5. Fact: If you vote for Hillary, you are voting for open borders and no control of potential radical Muslim terrorist entering the country.
6. Fact: The race relations are worse in the U.S. than they have been in 40 years. Policemen are being shot in the streets, and the current administration and Hillary have not and will not do anything to change it.
7. Fact: In spite of what Obama says, the economy is in the worst condition than any time in the last 40 years. We have lower growth, lower GDP and have lost more jobs because of failed and unfair trade agreements the U.S. has signed.
8. Fact: Our military has been weakened over the last eight years to a point that we can’t respond in many critical areas. Not one of our allies or our adversaries respect the U.S. Obama and Hillary have diminished reputation and respect for the U.S. Hillary will continue that trend.
9. Hillary should be prosecuted, not elected. Richard Nixon was impeached for destroying a seven-minute section of a tape. Hillary destroyed 30,000 emails and lied about it. Why hasn’t she been prosecuted?
This election is about far more than Donald Trump or Hillary. It’s about traditional American values and socialism. A vote for the Democrats is a vote for socialism. Trump may not be perfect. He often responds to attacks on him without thinking it through. He does, in some cases, make outrageous statements. I wish he would think first. But, he is not a politician and somehow, it’s refreshing to hear what someone really thinks instead of the canned politically correct answers you get from the establishment.
We are at a critical, turning point in the history of this country. I am not comparing Donald Trump to Abraham Lincoln, but when Lincoln was running for president, the press and most of the establishment, primarily the Democrats, said horrible things about Lincoln, portrayed him as a man that was not qualified and did or said anything they could to slander him. That reminds me of what is happening right now. Trump may say some outrageous things, but he is right on the issues: The economy, border security, health care, radical terrorism (Hillary and Obama won’t even say the words), and putting America first again. John Kennedy said: “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country). A vote for Trump is a vote for American values.